Samut Songkhram Province
Wat Pradoo, the Royal Temple, is an ancient temple. It was established in late Ayutthaya period.
The former chapel was permitted and approved royally to perform any Buddhist ceremony concerned in B.E. 2320 (1777 A.D.) Later the Abbot, Phrakhru Nipata vorakarn, (lang Suwannapatamo) constructed the new and current chapel starting by placing the auspicious horoscope stone piece in B.E 2497 (1954 A.D.).
Wat Pradoo, the Royal Temple locates at 54 moo 2 Watpradoo supoistrict, Ampawa District, Samut Songkhram Province. Now it has been classified as the Royal Temple instead of the people’s one. It belongs to the initial classification of Royal Temple of regular kind since the date of 29 June B.E. 2551 (2008 A.D.).
The Former Abbots of Wat Pradoo Here as follows respectively
1. The Abbot Maa (surname unkhown) Grand Abbot Maa
2. The Abbot Kloam or Grand Abbot Kloam
3. The Abbot Kloam or Grand Abbot Klorm
4. The Abbot Janeg or Grand Abbot Jaeng
5. The Abbot Janeg or Grand Abbot Jaem
6. The Abbot Phra Khru Nipata Vorakarn (long Suwannapatumo)
7. The Abbot Phra Khru Nipata Vorakarn (pian kemapirato)
8. The Abbot, The Pali Studied, Surasak Atisakho the last one
Wat Pradoo, the Royal Temple is considered as the historical Temple
In the past, it was very famous and prosperous particularly in the period of the Abbot Jaeng who had got the oportunity to receive the Royal Private Visit to the public people of H.M. King Chulalongkom Rama V by waterways at the very place of Wat Pradoo, on Thursday dated 21 July B.E. 2117 (1904 AD) corresponding to the second eight month of Lunar system in the year of serpent in the Bangkok Era of 123. He had stopped over here and cooked breakfast and had it right here at this temple.