Leng Buai la Shrine was originally an ancient Tae Chew Shrine.
Chinese businessmen in this area came to this place of worship for refuge and to improve the prosperity of their businesses. The shrine is a medium-sized building built in traditional chinese architectural style.
It is assumed to be the oldest Chinese Shrine in Thailand. This is evident in the plaque inscribed in Chinese, stating that it was built in 1658, corresponding to the Central Ayutthaya period.
From the main entrance of the Shrine there is a building built in the shape of a mountain in keeping with Chinese tradition. The roof is made of glazed, colored tiles. Two stuccoed dragons facing each other decorate the rooftop.
The columns of the Shrine are encircled by loop, stuccoed dragons. Inside there is an altar of Leng Buai la and his wife in the center, that of Gong-Wu deity on the left and that of the queen of heaven on the right.
To the right close to the entrance is an ancient bell built by emperor Tao Kwong Towards the end of the Ching Dynasty.
This three-hundred-year-old Shrine also features some significant ancient objects, for example three ancient plaques written in the reign of Emperor Kwang Si of the Ching Dynasty; a bell inscribed with the name of Choen Thai Chue, made for this shrine in particular and a container for incense sticks-a Royal gift from King Chulalongkorn, King Rama V.