The Ancient City in Samut Prakan (Muang Boran)
The Red Block Building in Chanthaburi was initially constructed in 1893 A.D. when the colonial French army invaded Chanthaburi and set up military headquarters here. The structure is located on the beach at Singha Cape.
The one storey building about 7 meters wide and 32 meters deep is made of brick and plaster and painted in red. Transported through Saigon in Vietnam, most of the materials were brought from France. Some bricks were taken from Phikhat Patchamit Fort standing in the vicinity of the Red Block Fort, Chanthaburi.