Pathum Thani Province
The name of the temple was from the village where the Mons had previously lived, similar to many other temples in Pathum Thani such as Wat Hong, Wat Bang Tanai, etc.
People usually come to pay respect to the statues of three Buddha images in the ubosot and the cast statue of Luangpu Thian (Phrakhru Bowonthammakit), a senior monk who possesed high knowledge and tried to promote education among the Pathum Thani people.
Moreover, there is an ancient wihan where an ancient Mon Buddha image, and Phra Saeng Ayasit – a sword of absolute power, reside, as well as many significant objects such as a four-headed elephant and a bronze miniature roofed throne to be put on top of a swan column and the lead sculpture of Ya-le (Jarlet), a dog of King Rama VI, which was granted to the abbot by the king when he visited Pathum Thani.
Wat Bot is situated in Tambon Ban Klang on the east side of the Chao Phraya River. It can be visited by crossing Pathum Thani Bridge to the east side.
Turn left at the crossroads and make a u-turn under the bridge to the temple on the opposite side of the road. Wat Bot was constructed in 1621 by the Mons who migrated from Pegu or Hongsawadi town.