Bang Pa In Palace in Ayutthaya
Built in the reign of King Rama V, the palace consists of various styled buildings. Bang Pa-In Royal Palace is located on the Chao Phraya River bank in Bang Pa-In district, Ayutthaya Province. The palace was first used by the Royal court as a summer retreat in the 17th century.
However, the Palace was destroyed with the fall of Ayutthaya and most of the present buildings were restored between 1872 and 1889 by King Chulalongkorn, several buildings were constructed in the magnificent Western style.
Plenty of beautifully arranged gardens, lush trees, and cool breeze made the surroundings ideal for a stroll. But carts for rent are also available for those who do not like to walk.
Tourist attractions and places of interest in Bang Pa-In Royal Palace
- Aisawanthipphaya-At Pavilion
- Withun Thatsana Tower
- Warophat Phian Royal Hall
- Phra Tamnak Fai Nai
- Wehat Chamrun Hall
- Phra Thinang Uthayan Phumisathian
- Ho Hem Monthian Thewarat
- Saphakhan Ratchaprayun
(This famous attraction is located in in Tambon Ban Len, Amphoe Bang Pa-In, 18 kms. south of Ayutthaya).