This is not only a competition to win an overseas educational trip, but also an opportunity for the experienced professionals at The Okura Prestige Bangkok to share their knowledge with students who wish to become part of the hotel, and food and beverage industry. I look forward to welcoming applicants to the latest edition of our cooking competition this year,” said Mr. Edward E. Snoeks, General Manager of The Okura Prestige Bangkok.
Interested applicants should submit their application with relevant documents to the Human Resources Department at The Okura Prestige Bangkok before 29 March 2019 and post their cooking video by 5 April 2019. Full details of the criteria for candidates and a scheduled timeline of the cooking competition can be found below.
Criteria for candidates
- Male or female, Thai nationality, aged between 18-25 years old
- 3rd or 4th year student of the faculty of tourism, hospitality, cooking school at an accredited university, or 2nd year student of a higher vocational cooking school
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- Good command of English
- Able to travel abroad with written permission from a parent or a letter from his/her educational institution
- Able to supply all relevant documentation for travel visa application
- Holds a Thai passport with at least 2 years of validity remaining
- No contagious or other diseases. Medical certificate required
- No criminal record
- Confident to be alone while abroad
18 February – 29 March 2019 All candidates are requested to submit their application with supporting document to the HR office (Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.)
Supporting documents required;
- Copy of ID card and house registration
- Copy of certificate of personal name change (if any)
- 1 – 2 inch picture (picture taken within last 6 months)
- Copy of passport
- Medical certificate
- Certificate/statement from the Royal Thai Police Bureau demonstrating no criminal record
18 February – 5 April 2019 All applicants are requested to produce a 3-5 mins cooking video. It is mandatory for all application to say the following sentence at the beginning of the video.
“My name is……………..I’m a year ….student at the faculty of ……………at …………University. I wish to apply to be a candidate to win an educational trip to Hotel Okura Amsterdam, which is organised by The Okura Prestige Bangkok 2019.”
Candidates are requested to post their video on their Facebook page, set as public and #TheOkuraPrestigeBangkok #scholarship #HotelOkuraAmsterdam #cookingcompetition with a Tag @TheOkuraPrestigeBangkok @HotelOkuraAmsterdam.
Candidates are also requested to notify the commitee by email (email@example.com) after posting their video.
10 April 2019 Announcement of those passing the first round of selection and proceeding to an English interview with Chef Alvaro and Chef Hagiwara. This will include 10 – 15 persons
18 – 26 April 2019 Window for making appointments for interview with Chef Alvaro and Chef Hagiwara.
30 April 2019 Announcement of the 5 candidates who will proceed to the final round, which will encompass training in Yamazato’s kitchen for 3 weeks.
3 June 2019 Orientation with HR Department from 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon.
3 – 21 June 2019 Intensive culinary training programme in Yamazato’s kitchen for 3 weeks.
21 June 2019 Judges’ Panel Night – Each candidate will cook their dishes for the judges. Judges announce the lucky winner.
The winner will need to prepare documents for visa application within the timeline. If not, he/she will be considered disqualified.
Date to be confirmed between
July – August 2019 The lucky winner will spend 9 days on an educational trip at Hotel Okura Amsterdam.
For further information, please contact the Marketing Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 687 9000.