Attractions in Chiang Mai
Wat Duang Dee
Address: 158, 2 Ratchapakhinai Rd, Tambon Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200
Province: Chiang Mai
Region: Northen Thailand
The Chiang Mai Chronicle reports that in 1761 a monk of Wat Duang Di became ruler of Chiang Mai, at a time when Chiang Mai was independent for a short period before the Burmese returned to again govern the country (1763 – 1774).
In 1819 King Thammalangka, the second ruling prince of Chiang Mai, renovated the monastery and held a dedication celebration. Wat Duang Di has a Wihan and monastic library with beautiful gilded wood carvings.