Wat Nang Ratchawihan
Address: 200 Soi Wutthakat 42, Bang Kho, Chom Thong, Bangkok 10150
District: Chom Thong
Nearby Attractions: Museum for Education of Wat Nang Ratchaworawihan, Wat Ratcha Orasaram Ratchaworawihan (Chom Thong)
Wat Nang is an ancient monastery that had been built during the Ayutthaya period. It was abandoned for almost two centuries.
In Bangkok period, Somdet Phrasrisulalai, King Rama III’s mother (1824-1851) renovated the entire temple with the exception of a few objects such as the principal Buddha image, in the ordination hall, the Buddha image in Wiharn and the bell.
The temple was celebrated in 1837, during the reign of King Rama V (1868-1910), restoration works were carried out again in order to improve its state of preservation. The ordination hall (Ubosot), constructed with bricks and lime cement, has three tired-roofs. Inside the building, there are paintings on the upper wall of falling flowers. The principal Buddha image was made in the style of Sukhothai art in the Subduing Mara (Satan) pose. in addition, the image of the late most revered monk, Luang Pu Thao is also kept here.