The hall of Wat Nimit, the whole wooden structure, is roofed with ceramic tiles and dates to the late Ayutthaya period. According to the chronicle of Ayutthaya, in 1767 A.D.,before Ayutthaya fell to Burma, Phraya Wachiraprakan (or King Taksin) and his army marched along the eastern seaboard recruiting brave men to liberate Ayutthaya.
He took Chanthaburi City and set up a military headquarters. Then, he sent an expedition to encircle Trat. During that time, he sent much of his time staying at the hall of Wat Nimit which was, in time of peace, the teaching hall or Sala Kan Parien.
Ancient City purchased the hall from the temple and re-erected the building as an historical memorial on the grounds of Ancient City.